Monday, January 4, 2016

No hay Verdaderos Finales, Solo Comienzos Eternos

Well I decided I need to start writing this as soon as possible so that I can have all the time I'll need! 

President Uchtdorf once said, 
"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, it isn't any wonder that  whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us?  There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.


Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless13 and who promises  eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.

The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that   endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy   awaiting the faithful.

How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true   endings, only everlasting beginnings."

Remembering this, helps me to see this in a different light. I know that my time in Chile as full-time missionary is coming to an end, but technically its just an everlasting beginning of my new life as a member missionary and applying all the things I've learned is these 18 months. Before I was feeling knots in my stomach to think of the wonderful people and experiences that I've had here not being within my reach anymore, but the truth is, CHANGE IS GOOD. It's what helps us to progress and now I have more challenges and trials that await me in a new setting, with different people, and with a different perspective.  

I left on my mission thinking I was going to be able to see a huge miracle with a huge family that changed their whole lives when they heard the gospel... but what Heavenly Father knew I needed was to try my patience, my charity, my understanding of the Atonement, the love I have for my Savior, my CONVERSION, and much more! He knows me best and I'm so grateful for this time I have had to soften a few rough edges, cool a few hot hairs, and find love for people who I don't really like. I testify that our Heavenly Father LOVES us. He KNOWS us. And He NEVER leaves our side. I thought I knew that before my mission, but now it's a SOLID TRUTH embedded in my soul. 

My testimony is unshakeable, our Savior LIVES, He has set the way so that we can return into the loving arms of our Beloved Heavenly Father. And I canNOT wait for the glorious day, according to my faithfulness. 

I was called to serve the Lord, to be an instrument in His hands, to share the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ with the world. And in the words of President Holland, "When I called you it was FOREVER." And so I will follow in that mission for which I was called, which calling has no end. 

I love you all with all my heart and I am excited to see you all again. :) I won't have time to write, maybe to read emails, but I doubt it really. So until we meet again, which is sooner than we think,

For the last time,
Hermana Logan 

Antonella's baptism:)
Some pics from Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment