Monday, January 4, 2016

Cambios en Septiembre

From September 14, 2015

Hola querida familia y amigos! 

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A TAYLOR! 24? WOOOOOW! 

Well! I now have a new companion! Her name is Hermana Holmes (yes my comp is Sherlock Holmes and I now am Hermana Watson) and she is from Glendora, California which is pretty close to temecula if I'm not mistaken. Like 2 hours?? More or less... and she is a big bag of enthusiasm and energy hahaha. She is going to finish the mission Dec 1. So we are just working hard to be able to finish strong! We have found some new investigators and we're seeing a few progress:

 There is Carlos who couldn't come to church yesterday for his work but he came to an activity on saturday night that we did for Chile's independence day ( Sep,18) where everyone dances and eats typical Chilean food. It was pretty fun. My comp and I were so happy to see him that when we saw him walking up to the church building we threw our hands up in the air and yelled his name hahaha. He was a little embarrassed but I think he felt pretty special. He promised to come to church next week and he doesn't feel like he understands what he reads in the BOM and he hasn't received an answer about it quite yet. But we have a pretty great feeling about him. 

Also there is Carlos and Alejandro. Alejandro is a VERY special kid. He is 15 years-old and has a brain tumor. He is super tiny and lost his sight about 3/4 months ago. Then he learned in like 2 weeks how to read Brail and he's pretty much super intelligent. And his dad asked us for a blessing for the sick and the afflicted. They are super humble and we gave Alejandro the BOM in CD so he can listen to it. I feel a ton of love for the kid! I hope we can help them out a lot, too! 

Well here I am just working hard and trying to live up the little time I have left! I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I hope all is well with you guys and that you can all feel my love and prayers! 

OH! Remember those choir practices that we had a few weeks ago where I felt awful? I actually got in! I'll send the acceptance letter in my next email, but I am pretty stoked! Looks like we are going to have a Creche Festival sort of thing here in Viña where there will be many members and non-members! I think it will be a pretty awesome way to end my mission:)) 

Well I love and miss you all tons! 

Hasta luego, 
Hna Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment