Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Angels We have Heard on High

Letter from December 15, 2014

Hola todos! 

Okay so I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEDDD your video of everyone and with Jen, how cool! It made my day to see you all together!!! A little wierd that Jen was with my family and not me hahahahaha. No it was super awesome! I love you all SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO much! Glad you got to see each other one more time before Christmas:) BUT A LITTLE BIRDY TOLD ME YOU ATE PRIME RIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU! 

Also, Okay I totally forgot what I was going to say here.... LOL

Aha! I remembered! I would like you all to take a moment of silence for all the spiders I have killed this month.... NOT! Literally spiders are taking over our house! We find a minimum of ten everyday! And our house is falling apart so they come in from all different places! Last night we were talking with our District Leader and telling him about our day when all of a sudden I saw something moving in the corner of my eye. So I look over and its a tiny little spider. But as I looked more closely I realized that our entire wall was COVERED with baby spiders! We may have had quite a go at them with our poison spray! But we have yet to find the Mom and thats what worries me! And these spiders are deadly. If they bite you, you can die. So we talked with the Pensionero (guy who takes care of the houses for our mission) and he said we can start looking for a different house. Thank goodness! The other day I found a spider under my shoe in my room and it was HUGE. LIKE SIZE OF MY PALM HUGE. So be proud of me, lol. Luckily I have a good eye for spiders (thanks to the training of Raechel for many years:)) so I can spot them pretty well. But still.... were gonna get a different house to live in...

Anyways... Besides the spiders, this week was awesome! One day we were talking outside with an investigator and as we were leaving there was this depressed man sitting on a bench talking to himself ( Just a normal day in my area) When all of sudden he calls us over to him. He tells us that he is sick. Because he is an alcoholic.And we are his angels sent from God to help him. So a couple days later we went to house and he has a real desire to change is life. So we invited him to be baptized on the 28th of December and he commited to coming to church.  And he came yesterday! It was awesome! And he hasnt taken a drink of alcohol since tuesday! So we are really hoping he will take the initative to get help proffesionally and not only spiritually. I think he can do it! He just needs a lot of prayer and support! So if you would like to put him in your prayers that would be great:) 

And there arent any updates on the 69 year old. He didnt show up to church yesterday but we're going to see him on wedensday and see what happens... I know that the Lord will help us out with him tremendously. He already has and I know that we will continue to do so! 

 Unfortunately, I dont have any pictures for this week:((( Sorry! I promise to impove! 

I hope you all know that I love and miss you dearly especailly this time of year! But I wouldnt take back the experiences that I have had on my mission. Let alone the ones Im going to have! 

Con todo mi amor, corazon, y esperanza,
Hna Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment