Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 2 in Chile

Hola everyone!

Well my first whole week in La Serena is over! Man what a week! All I can say about my Spanish is that it improves every day... and I can understand now a whole lot more than I could my first day, lol. Which I am SUPER grateful for because Heavenly Father knows I need it! I am SO glad that Jane is doing better! I fasted for her yesterday and I pray for her multiple times a day! It really sucks not being able to hold children on your mission! It makes me miss holding Jane and Kieran a lot! But esta bien! 

Ok well I am being tested here. The members here drink this drink that is coffee but it's wheat based, so not exactly coffee, but it tastes super nasty! And we have to eat or drink whatever people give us, right? So I have had three full mugs of the nasty fake coffee, thats right be proud! lol. Oh and the bread! The bread here is fabulous! In fact the food here in general is pretty great! But my companion says that this area is the area with the best food and everywhere else it isn't that good... so I guess I'll find out! Oh and a new thing I tried this week was pasta with avocado as the sauce... it was actually pretty freaking good, you should try it! 

Anyways, so yesterday was fast Sunday and in our district we HAVE to bear our testimonies EVERY fast and testimony meeting... so I bore my testimony. It was short, sweet, and to the point, lol. But on a happier note one of our investigators came to church with us! Her name is Amanda and she is a very old and interesting lady hahahaha. And she smells just like Grandma- smoke and perfume. And one of our other investigators, Luz Maria (who doesn't like to keep commitments!!!) came to church for the last hour... But she said she was late because of the time change (the hour was changed one hour ahead) but who knows? At least she came with her two kids, too! 

Also, there is this old man (less active) who cant hear very well and literally shuffles (like slides his feet two inches forward back and forth to walk) and it's so sad but hilarious! We went to his house to sing and pray, etc, and we were in the middle of the first verse of the hymn when he gets up and shuffles to his bed and just lays down... lol! We couldn't stop laughing! He said we were taking to long and he didn't want to listen to us anymore! Gosh, it was so funny! The people here are pretty strange, lol. 

Oh, and don't worry about my love life- I have had at least three old, drunk men profess their love to me... so I've got plenty of options lol. 

Well there isn't much more to say... I cant send pics because my camera just died:((( 

Things to be grateful for everyone:
  • Hot water that doesn't require you to go into another room and turn on a heater, that is run by gas which needs to be replaced when it's empty. 
  • Carpet
  • Dishwashers
  • Dryers- all clothes here are hang dried and they get stiff:(
  • Shower heads! Ours doesn't have one, it's just a flexible pipe thing (kind of like hose) and you have to hold it yourself...
  • Heaters- our casa is freaking COLD ALL THE TIME I wear a jacket, two pairs of socks, a scarf, and gloves during study time...
Also something spiritual:

Heavenly Father hears our prayers! He is ALWAYS waiting for us to talk with Him and when we do He is overjoyed! He loves us SOOO much! More than we can even comprehend! SOO much that He let His son suffer for our sins and die for our salvation. And through Christ we are all as clean as the day we were born. ALL sins can be forgiven, if we just repent and give our will to Him. Talk with your Father! He IS there and He is ALWAYS listening! 

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are ALWAYS in my prayers!!!! Endure to the end, its NOT easy, but it will be worth it! 


Con todo mi amor y corazón,
Hermana Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment