Wednesday, August 20, 2014

La Ultima Semana

Hola mi humanos,

Como estan??!! I can't believe its my last week here!! its gone SO fast and I feel like I still have a LOT to learn before I go out to Chile! But its fine because I'm STOKED to see Chile and teach real people! So my flight is on Monday at 11:55 pm which means we are probably leaving the CCM at 7:45ish. The flight is 8 and a half hours-which isn't that bad. I honestly am super nervous because apparently in Chile they speak REALLY fast, drop word endings, and half their vocab is different than the Spanish here...so yay...on a happier note I'm pretty sure I'll get to email again on Sunday or Monday before I leave!

And our district took our district picture and they make these really cool power points with all the districts leaving. I am having them send that to you guys with all our pictures as well. Our district was pretty cool-we dressed up in the Chilean flag colors (red, whit, and blue), held up a Chilean flag, and us girls held a sign saying, "Those Viña Kids," because that's what the Elders always call our district, lol.

Oh and Hma Hones and I taught  a lesson on Sunday about the Book of Mormon. It was pretty awesome, we put all these cards around the room with the "questions of the soul" from PMG pg. 107 and then all the matching scriptures from the Book of Mormon and they had to find all the question with the corresponding scripture. We had them split up into 3 groups and it got pretty competitive, lol. Then we had two people share experiences they've had where the Book of Mormon has answered a question in they had. I thought that I went really well and the spirit was definitely there!

Our notes around the room for our lesson
More notes around the room
Some elders corrected the grammar of a note some hermanas left 
The title of our lesson
I was really reminded of you guys this week because we watched the devotional Elder Holland gave with the Peter and Christ analogy-"Do you love me?" X 3, "Then FEED MY SHEEP," and the Joseph Smith video where Lucy Smith is narrating what we saw at the St. George temple visitor center right before I left. Elder Holland's talk hit me hard! It's So different now that I AM a missionary I LOVED it. Here are a few things that impacted me:

  • Listen to investigators with your HEART
  • Yes you are "called to serve" but SO WHAT? SO WHEN? FOR HOW LONG??
  • NO LESSON YOU GIVE IS GIVEN ALONE
  • We are the HOPE OF ISRAEL
  • DO YOU LOVE ME?? THEN FEED MY SHEEP! 
  • We are called follow HIM FOREVER
  • If you serve you mission and then come home and go astray YOU WILL BREAK THE HEART OF GOD HIMSELF
  • HOW CAN YOU GO OUT AND TEACH PEOPLE THE IMPORTANCE OF ENDURING TO THE END/OBEDIENCE JUST TO COME HOME AND DO THE VERY OPPOSITE??!!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Elder Holland??

Also, one of our teachers had us all think of an impactful scripture/chapter/story/experience we've had with the Book of Mormon and we all sat in a circle and shared ours. We were ALL crying, ALL bearing awesome testimonies of how this Book has changed our lives and "pricked our hearts" enough to change. I know that the Book of Mormon has ALL the answers to ALL of our questions! There is NO truer or greater Book in ALL the world! READ IT. PONDER IT. and PRAY -with REAL intent- to know if it's true and it WILL be made known unto you. If any of you have an experience with the Book of Mormon please let me know- our teacher asked us to ask our families for one:)

Also, while reading in PMG this week I came across this quote by Brigham Young about his conversion that I'd love for you guys to read—its on pg 199 (last paragraph) which I just fell in Love with! I know this gospel is true with EVERY cell in my body! And because I have been given much, I too must give! That's why I'm here. To share this message of hope, love, forgiveness, and total joy with the world! I love this gospel and I love each and every one of you, just like Heavenly Father does! 

Con todo mi amor,

Hermana Logan

A Mexican in a sombrero
Me and my friend from college, Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment