Monday, June 1, 2015

Dios Realmente nos Conoce

So this week was pretty interesting. We have one investigator named Wilson. He is a super awesome human being and I mean that in the fact that he is super genuine and has a love for Christ that I love. But he has this thing called a wife that doesn't really support him in any of his decisions to listen to us or go to church with us... So he never has come to church because he has to take his wife to church and they go together and its super understandable because it would be super weird for your spouse who goes to church with you all the time to suddenly...not go to church with you. But anyways, we finally could bring a member to accompany us to a lesson with him! And it was wonderful! It really makes a difference when there are testimonies from the members and Wilson was all excited to come to church! Unfortunately he didn't come but I think he is a lot more motivated:) 

Also we were able to teach Felipe who was our miracle investigator at church last week. But... well it didn't go so well. So our Mission President gave out a new goal this week to put baptismal dates with our investigators. So all our leaders (Zone and District) were all on top of us to put a baptismal date with Felipe so we went in with that goal in mind. But one problem was that he is half deaf. So we were pretty much yelling at him the whole time and that definitely makes the spirit leave. So when we invited him to baptism he said that he needs more time the date we wanted and he wants to talk to his wife and we kept insisting and I think he got scared. Well afterwards my companion and I felt super horrible. And I promised myself that I would never do that again. NEVER. Even if all our leaders are all over us to do it. If the spirit isn't there and we don't feel like it's the right time we should listen to that prompting. And as I was saying that to my companion she says,"Look, LOOK!" And I looked up and there was a shooting star! But it was more like a comet all colorful and beautiful! And we both just knew that God was behind it. That He made it possible that we could know He was there listening and we should always just listen to the spirit. It was really such a beautiful thing! 

So we also started to move around all the furniture in our little house and reorganize it so we could get a new start and new look on everything. Which I feel is really working. Time keeps flying by and by and there is never enough time to accomplish all we want to, but I know that God is always there helping me, guiding me, and answering my prayers. 

Oh and another blessing! Ha! God just never stops blessing me! So we were teaching our gringo investigator from Michigan and it was like our last visit with him to see if he was going to progress or if he was just listening to us for company. And it was awesome because he prayed and read! It was amazing and we were talking about faith and the light of Christ and he said, "Oh, yeah that makes sense." Like the whole time! So I hope he can receive an answer! And then recognize his answer! I just KNOW that Heavenly Father is there. Helping, blessing, and listening to us! He blesses us every single day! I know that my Father in Heaven loves me and loves each and every one of you! Without a single doubt! 

Keep God in your thoughts and in all you do and Godspeed!

Con amor,
Hna Logan

So last p-day I made tacos with bbq chicken, cheese, and chopped apples! It's actually a lot tastier than it sounds! my companion LOVES it, lol. Still doesn't satisfy my desire for Mexican food with a nice cold Coke, but hey gotta live with what you got! 



The biggest watermelon you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment