Monday, October 13, 2014

I'm Going to Be a Murderer Again...

Hola! 

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS PARA: Marilena! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!!! 

So I killed my mamá! And now she is back in her home! And my new mamá is from Perú, Arequipa! And this is her last transfer! So I'm going to kill her, too. But she is the only member in her family! She converted to the gospel (just to be clear she was baptized in FOUR days!), completed one year and then left for her mission! Isn't that incredible?! I don´t have a pic of her this week but the next I promise I will! She has a strong testimony and she is SUPER enthusiastic about finding new investigadors and so we contact a LOT. She reminds me a lot of Mom, lol. Her conversion, her enthusiasm, her powerful testimony- it's awesome:)

Also I got a hair cut which I also don't have a pic of... but she cut off all my dead hair (which was like 4 inches) so its definitely shorter, but it's soooo healthy and I love it! 

And I just want to give you all a little challenge... Yes it is the missionaries job and calling to teach and find people but the members are a HUGE part, too. Because we are only in an area for a short amount of time and so our converts need friends in the church! And a lot of old people too! We have a recent convert/less active, Luis Plaza, and he lives alone because his wife is in the hospital and everytime we visit him he starts crying because he feels so lonely! It's terribly sad! And he doesnt have friends in the church! So if you see that the missionaries have brought someone to church please try to befriend them! Every convert needs to have an awesome hand-off from the missionaries to the ward! Because we aren´t going to be there for very long. So I DARE you to jump out of your comfort zone and befriend those special spirits that the Lord has prepared to receive the Gospel. So... DO IT! :) 

This week I have seen and the felt the hand of the Lord in my life SUPER strong! I have only been in Chile for 7 weeks almost 8 and I can almost understand everything that people say! It's amazing! Like last week and the week before I was struggling big time with understanding and talking (because I couldn't understand a lot) and now it's like a 180! I feel like the Lord has definitely blessed me with extra strength and power this week and I am SUPER SUPER grateful for this ENORMOUS blessing in my life! Granted, I can´t understand everything, and some people I understand almost nothing because they talk differently or something, but for the most part it has been a great improvement! 

So I am soooooo glad that all of you are doing well and I want you all to know that all is well with me:) Yes a mission is HARD, harder than testimony hill during Trek, (yes Mom and Ron it's true!) but I wish I could explain how it feels to be able to sit down in a house everyday with someone and feel the spirit super strong! It's an incredible feeling and it's going to be something that I miss when I come home. I love this gospel, the hope and true joy it brings to people, and the opportunity I have to share it with the people of Chile! 

les quiero y amo muchísimo!!!!!

Con todo mi corazón y alma,
Hna Logan

A cute little boy!
Killing off my mamá!

No comments:

Post a Comment